Well Spring is here and what better way to start celebrating than taking a challenge?
I've decided to do the Writers Digest, April's Poem A Day Challenge.
Will I be able to do it. Yes. If I truly commit myself and do not let my self slack.
So here are my first two poems,
Be back soon. Writing Wishes from Kellie
Last little girl ride
The 1938 Ford, metallic blue
seats only for two
takes us on
Our
last little girl ride
Me in my wedding dress
of satin and lace
He in his tux,
a somber look on his face
My Dad my Hero,
always was…and will be
What words should I say so he will understand
He —was the First hero,
my little girl eyes did see
and here on my wedding day
before I wed
my Hero is beside me
Maybe they’ll be no words needed
to speak
because it’s
We
sitting in Thirty-Eight’s seats
My tuxedoed Hero …
will He cry
and Me
in my wedding dress…
sigh
His
little girl tucked inside
glad we’re together for
Our
last little girl ride.
© KMS 2007
Day 2
Moonrise
I remember much
I remember nothing
Trying… I watch the moonrise
Almost dark
Light echoes behind the evergreen trees
Telling
Bigger, bigger, brighter
I remember once
A moment like this before
When
I remember nothing
Moonrise
Above the trees
A memory rising like the moon
A glimmer
Was it then
Is it now
I remember much
I remember nothing
I remember when
I remember now
© Kellie M Shanley 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment