Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Poem 18

Yes I am a tad behind, but I'm still plugging

Prompt 18
Write a poem with interaction

Dancing with the Wind

I hold my breath and listen close
as the wind taps on my windowpane.
Sometimes it s a flutter
sometimes a murmur within a raging rain.

A whirling dance it’s wants from me,
in its beckoning call, but
fickle is the wind when asking for this dance
for it runs from me that I can’t catch it,
is it playing games of chance?

Changeable is the wind, first high, then low.
Confused of which way to go, I turn to walk away.
Afraid I’m saying no to the dance, it grasps my hand,
wraps it’s self around me and lifts me off the ground.
Then suddenly lets me go, leaving me to stumble all around.
.
Sometimes it plays with my affections,
touching me so light.
I reach out to take a hold,
again, it runs away in fright.

Though I do not understand
the ways the wind does blow
I love the wind and feel alone without it.
This feeling scares me so.

The wind will have to play its games,
if only for a while,
tapping at my windowpane, dancing like a child.
For I might say yes and take the chance
to dance this dance the winds do ask of me.
But should I say yes and stumble needlessly,
the wind must promise to catch me and in fright not flee.




Kellie M Shanley © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment