Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Our Infrastructure and the 'Stocking up message' May 30th Newsletter

Hello From Herbs & Things

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
~Henry David Thoreau~


Finally a little bit of refreshing rain...Ahhhhhhhhhh.
What a wonderful weekend though to start off the summer. I hope every one's memorial weekend was safe and you reflected on those who have and are serving our country. Without them we would not be the country of free speech, will or the land where dreams can come true. But, most importantly, now that the weekend of remembrance marked on our calendar is over, we should not forget to continue to be grateful and thank them for a job well done everyday. So please continue to remember those who have and will put their lives on the line for our beliefs, beyond when the calendar says we should...God Bless.

I love, love, love the raised garden beds. I am already looking forward to next years garden and putting in more raised beds! Or maybe, it won't be to late, Rick will be on vacation the week of June 9th, then again maybe not, he wants to try and finish the last four windows in the house, and then we can get it sided. Plus, Spirit gave me an awesome idea for Kellie's new Reiki Room, I am so excited and I know...after much thought and wondering for many months, that this is the right idea...yea...I'll share it once we get started on the project, maybe when Rick is on vacation. I am sooooooo excited:

The response the last...very long...newsletter generated was wonderful. I was glad. Because it made many of you pause for a moment to realize the why of your struggles and unhappiness and that it is important to take the time in finding...The Who YOU Are, what God has intended for you and the importance of what you do. Even if right now to you... that ' what you do thing' seems trivial or without purpose as opposed to what others are doing, and to remember what ever it is you are doing, or even not doing is an important cog of the Wheel of a great plan, and if one cog does not do what it was made to do, then the Wheel will be out of balance. Thank you so much for all your input, questions and sharing...I love it. I have a couple comments in the What Readers have to say portion of this newsletter. Again thank you, I was so nervous putting that email out, but alas, again Spirit was right:)

I know I said, I wasn't suppose to say anything anymore, but there's been prompting for me to mention it again...
Stock up for Winter. Relearn the basics of cooking meals at home, eating as a family, having supplies in the home to do this, supporting local farmers so the farm land is not depleted.

Winter as I believe I finally figured out is metaphorical for...hard or difficult times...or less than perfect circumstances...like being with out electric for weeks.
Then I learned a little about our countries infrastructure and...the stock up thing had more punch to it.
The USA's Infrastructure is in decline...http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/americas-crumbling-infrastructure ...(watch the mini video)
and the report card is not good...though this report card is 3 years old, we've, I don't think, have seen much of an improvement,
http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/
We don't think of our infrastructure often and we do take it for granted, even though we drive on declining roads every day. What we do know and see because it affects our day to day travels is our roads and bridges are in poor shape. But what we need to understand are the consequences of this declining infrastructure via the big picture. Our infrastructure is not just our roads, but includes, our electricity sources, dams-levees, lakes, rivers, canals, airways, roads and bridges, and that this infrastructure that is a 'main line' of our existence in this country today, is rapidly deteriorating threatening to cut us off, from many of our food and good sources. The way I understand it, if our infrastructure collapses then we as a country will collapse. If we look and pay attention we can see the signs that this catastrophic event is well on its way to coming true.

Think about it, if just one part of our infrastructure, such a the electric grid were to go down, for what ever reason, and we were without electricity for a week, two weeks or three, the impact could be catastrophic. What impact would it have on us. It would make us vulnerable to many things. No electricity, means...no gasoline, in some homes no heat, no banking, no subways, trains, airplanes, grocery store freezers to keep foods cold, our own fridges and freezers not working, water pumps not pumping water, toilets not flushing, no driving to the store for groceries 4 times a week, no air tracking devices or satellites to tell us what's going on, no radio, TV...and other things we take for granted every day. Are we prepared as a country to be able to survive if our infrastructure were to collapse? Are we ready to live as a third world country? Does this mean you should be 'stocked up'. I believe so.

Another small part of our infrastructure in danger is our bridges. Most of our bridges are over 50 years old and are quickly deteriorating and were not made to handle the volume of today's travel. And the possibility of them collapsing is high, cutting connections to many areas that supply us food and goods. Thus... if we have no bridges, trucks can not bring in foods, goods, nor can we have access to other cities or states we depend on. Because we depend so much on our bridges and roadways to keep us connected and running, we've eliminated or closed many of our water ports, making it difficult for ships to come in and out. What about the canal that use to be the 'gate way' to and from different areas?

What If one of the dams out of the 85,000 dams in the USA alone...were to collapse or have their earthen walls breach, which because so many of them are in such decay with no inspectors to inspect them or people to repair them, they are listed as high risk dams, it would kill thousands of people and animals and wipe out two or three states at once, much of which is farm land, by flooding the lands in no less than two feet of water 100's of miles away or at least 40 feet in areas closest to the dams.
I could go on and on about the other infrastructures that could affect our way of life.
But instead I'll just say...again...Stock Up...what could it hurt.
This message I think was confirmed by a visit from a Red Squirrel and Chipmunk
What does Squirrel 'speak' of...
Activity and Preparedness.
They are most often seen digging up and burying seeds and nuts, stocking up for a later time
Red squirrels are the sentinels of the forest...and tell of strangers.
With their chattering and scolding they are literally reporting what's going on...in the forest.
Red=Passion and Strength
Negative qualities of Red...anger, aggression,impulse

Which brings me to something I wrote a few nights ago in my bedside journal
Kalamunda (my spelling Calamunda, can't tell a c from a k while half awake:)....
a word derived from two Noongar (an indigenous Austrailian language) words:
Kala meaning 'home' and munda meand 'forsest', hence 'A home in the forest'.

And then there's Snake...a Grey snake (garter snake) that has taken residence around the house and garden.
For about three weeks now, I see 'her' where ever I go, in the garden, by the decorative pond, in the garage, just laying in the grass looking at me as I pack the shop up for Farmers Market. Though snake is not one of my favorite animals, I find them interesting, and they are beneficial to have around the garden. Snakes eat insects and unwanted rodents, and not only are they beneficial to the garden they 'speak' volumes too...
What does Snake 'Speak' of...Movement, Transition, Change and Healing
Look for changes in conditions and movement to new life and a rebirth of powers of creativity and wisdom.
The ability to absorb more knowledge.
Higher forms of discrimination and spiritual idealism.
COOL:)
Grey=Initiation, imagination
Yellow=Communication, optimism, inspiration.

More people have mentioned the animals seem different this year and we've discussed this too at Spiritual Gab.
Even, people who are not really into that the animals 'speak' have noticed the animals seem 'friendlier' or not as afraid.
Have you noticed you can walk closer to birds before they fly away? Or deer? Have you noticed there is just something different about the animals? Have you noticed that they seem to look right at you, as if they have something to say? If you have noticed, do you have any idea why?
I think...it's because the 'veil' is thinner, and that veil, as Linda read in the bible, might be our own personal veil lifting. Meaning that because the animals are already connected to the higher source all the time and now because we are becoming more 'aware' and connected, the birds and animals don't fear us or are as leery of us as they used to be. Because we have a better understanding.
Do you have any ideas on this? Have you had experiences where you feel more in touch with the animals... If so, please I'd love to hear.

Have you noticed too, Orioles, so many people have Orioles this year near their houses.
I've had a pair for a few weeks and I am so enjoying them. In fact they were walking around on the porch, and trying to get some dried nectar off the porch that had dripped on the concrete...So cute...
What does Oriel speak of...
Oriole
Is a harbinger of of positive energy, blessings and unions.
Speaks of weaving new sunshine, and is the bird that speaks the most of summer.
It's song and bright colors 'speak' of golden sunshine coming into your life, within a two to three week period after it shows up.
Signified by they have 4-6 eggs that hatch in a two week period.
It 'speaks' of weaving new sunshine into your life, rediscovering your inner child and a renewed sense of joy.
The colors.
Orange=Warmth, Joy, Creativity
Black=Protection, birth, magic.
Numbers 2,4 & 6
2=Feminine, Dreams, Cooperation
4=foundations, patience, builder
6=home service, family.

Gotta love it when the Animals 'Speak'
'
Be well
Laugh often
Love large
Dig in the dirt
Grow a garden
and may the sun light your way

Kellie
+
Herbs & Things

No comments:

Post a Comment