Friday, April 27, 2012

More Frugal-Really? Tricia Crisafulli is coming to Herbs & Things

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.
~Author Unknown

 
I was a little bothered, when I went to the Wheel Thursday the 19th to ask some questions, and one of the answers was
"Live more frugally."
Really?
OK, I thought, so maybe I've been eating out and getting take out more often than I usually do, but it's been kind of well, I'll call...an off few weeks here you know. Besides, I think I live more frugal than some, yet I know not as frugal as others or as frugal as I could. Ok you hit on a soft spot and yes you are probably right,I could live a more frugally, couldn't we all? But jeeze why are you, chastising me, I make my own bread, can much of my garden and meats, make croutons and bread crumbs. I don't go on vacations. I drive around as little as possible. I don't drive new vehicles, or buy a lot of clothes. I don't have an automatic dishwasher, or air conditioning. Just how much more frugal do you want me to be?
I felt sad, or slighty defeated, as my...thoughts took me to my guilt about eating out to much the past 3-4 weeks, spending hard earned monies, that were gone in a second. Which started, only because it was easier when Madeline was in the hospital on top of some other things that decided they needed to happen at the same time, than coming home and making a meal. But I realized too, because it was so easy to stop, buy and let someone else do it. IT...could so easily become a habit that is to costly and I must put a stop to, literally putting money down the drain.
But a glutton for punishment, I continued the 'conversation'....and asked....
OK..here's the deal, I've already chastised myself about doing this, and rectifying it, so why are you already telling me something I'm already fixing...
Answer
When we say frugal it's not what you are thinking it is, but yes you are wise to cut down on your eating out, and leave it for special occasion like when you were a child. But search frugal and see what we mean when we say, Live more frugal.
So, I searched and was surprised...
Not only does frugal mean to live thriftily by how not to spend your monies on stuff you don't need, but also....

Frugality, in the context of certain belief systems, is a philosophy in which one does not trust (or is deeply wary of) "expert" knowledge, often from commercial markets or corporate cultures, claiming to know what is in the best economic, material, or spiritual interests of the individual
There are also environmentalists who consider frugality to be a virtue through which humans can make use of their ancestral skills as hunter-gatherers, carrying little and needing little, and finding meaning in nature instead of man-made conventions or religion. 

So how do you like them apples:) Another important lesson from the Wheel.


So Mother Nature I guess is as excited about 2012 as many of us are. First the abundance of Robins, with their Red breast telling us of new awakenings and now the abundance of
Red Admiral Butterflies that even made the news...
So what is Butterfly telling us and what do the colors say...
Butterfly 'Speaks' of
Transmutation and the Dance of Joy. It's all about transformation, metamorphosis and shapeshifting. In early Christianity it was the symbol of the soul. To the Native Americans the butterfly is they symbol of change, color and joy.
The Colors

Orange--Warmth,joy,creativity
Brown--Grounded, new growth
Red--passion, strength



I am so excited!
Even though it's in the process of coming together and a few months away, I have to tell you.
Patricia Crisafulli, author, speaker, and writer -- including the New York Times Bestseller, The House of Dimon; founder of the free online literary magazine Faith Hope and Fiction
www.faithhopeandfiction.com, and featured columnist for the Huffington Post http://www.huffingtonpost.com/patricia-crisafulli -- is coming to Herbs & Things!

Patricia will offer a workshop on '
Creativity and Purpose'. Whether your creative expression is writing, sewing, singing, gardening, raising a family, healing, or spirituality -- or if you think you aren't creative at all -- this workshop is for you. As Tricia teaches, everyone is creative--especially those who don't think that they are! Finding your purpose that supports your creativity unlocks your potential and gives you permission to explore what you are meant to create.

I will have more details soon, we are planning to get a date set in September 2012.
So no matter if you like interior design, blogging, researching, sewing, writing, drawing, want to start your own business, or anything else that makes you happy when you do it -- or if there is something you've always wanted to do, but fear doing it -- join us and rev up your personal
"Creativity and Purpose"to rediscover the creative passion in your life. I know...I can’t wait, and please if you think you'd be interested in this what I am sure will be an outstanding workshop.... let me know, so I can make plans for the workshop accordingly..


Be well
Laugh often
Love large
Dig in the dirt
Grow a garden
and may the sun light your way

Kellie
+
Herbs & Things

No comments:

Post a Comment