Thursday, February 10, 2011

Part of Herbs & Things Feb 10th email

Hello From Herbs & Things:)

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.
~Ralph Waldo Emerson




On clear pre-dawn mornings, is anyone else enjoying Venus (sometimes called Earth's Sister planet) in the SE sky? If not, you are in luck it will be there until Oct, then disappear and reappear in Dec as an evening star. Next to Venus, to the left is the constellation Virgo and to the right, is Corvus. Corvus in Latin means Crow or Raven and there is a myth of how Corvus got its name. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corvus_(constellation)

If you are drawn to this particular area of the morning sky, such as I have been, it may mean something. Why, because in nature, often Nature gives us food for thought, that will help with life, direct us to the right path, or saying simply, take the time to enjoy the view.

I was drawn to Venus and its surroundings, especially after 'they ' told me I need to learn more about the stars, that this knowledge I will use it later, not only for me, but for others. So, I researched and also used my Animal Speak book (which is available at Herbs & Things:) to look up meaning of animals I found within my research, such as Crow and Snake.

What if an animal keeps showings itself to you, literally or other wise. Such as when you walk outside, open a book, or turn on the TV...It's time to pay attention...there is a message from nature. Nature includes all things, not just Trees, Birds, Flowers and such, but includes, Clouds, Stars, Planets, Rainbows or anything created by Nature.

For instance...Rat...Yew....nobody wants a Rat as a messenger...but it can be a sign of intelligence, with its innate ability to survive and store up on rations. What could Rat be telling you? What is Nature telling you. What are you hearing?...Learn about this and MORE in Linda and Kellie's lecture Feb 28th...details in Herbs & Things EVENTS PAGE...and OH the lecture is FREE.


It's cold, and there is snow on the ground, but...now is a good time to plan your 2011 garden. Before you know it, the snows will be gone and we'll be wanting to dig in the dirt.

I have a revision in mind for the outside line of the Wheel with Flowers and Trees and also getting a plan together for the veggie gardens. This year, I am concentrating on, corn, squash, tomatoes and potatoes. Squash and potatoes (red and gold) over in the garden by the Fairy Garden. On the other side of the creek adjacent from there, more corn and potatoes and carrots, a 3 sisters garden might go behind the house. And maybe inside the corral of all places....tomatoes. Linda K was talking of covering her garden, so this made me think of covering the tomatoes, and maybe they won't blight. I learned last year, the blight is airborne and not within the soils as previously thought? So hey its worth a try. And just when I thought I wasn't going to try tomatoes...:) Thanks Linda for a great...well lets hope a great idea!



Did you know?

The 'Voice' has been telling Kellie to can Strawberry juice and I think I've found the voice to be VERY wise. Canning Strawberry juice, sounds odd doesn't it...yes right up until I researched the health benefits of Strawberries http://www.gayot.com/lifestyle/health/features/strawberries-health-benefits.html
and
Strawberries are sacred to the Native American and they believe the juice has medicinal purposes. They drank it as a healing tonic and also strawberries are associated with the Goddess VENUS...hmm so what were they telling me...OK I'll Can Strawberry JUICE...:)
Benefits of Ginkgo biloba (available at Herbs & Things)
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/ginkgo-biloba/NS_patient-ginkgo

Music heightens your vibrations, (for me, at this time in my life, it is drums, flutes, meditation music and music with no words) whether, physically, emotionally and or spiritually..and apparently astronauts know this too... Flutes in Space?
http://www.wivb.com/dpps/news/offbeat/space-serenade-astronaut-has-4-flutes-in-orbit-ob11-jgr_3715441
and other ways to heighten you vibrations
http://hubpages.com/hub/raise-your-vibration-level

Heidi and I are excited...we have hand-drums arriving soon, made by Rick McBride who gave the retreat last year!
Chelated? you see it on supplements, what does it mean?...Chelated minerals are minerals that are bound to proteins for better absorption in the body. A target chelated mineral is one that is bound to a specific ammo acid geared toward a particular body organ when it is ingested.



If you'd like to be on Herbs & Things weekly email
email Kellie and type in subject Subscribed

No comments:

Post a Comment