Sunday, September 4, 2011

Unconscious Ego

Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up.
~Robert Frost~


Herbs & Things Will be closed
The Week of Sept 11th-17th
I'll be at The Holland Farmers Market
maybe..8:30-11 AM Sept 11th? (will let you know)
and all day...Sept 18th
Also I'll be closed
Oct 1st and 2nd...attending a lecture.


Have you ever made what some one else is doing...your problem because 'you know' what they are doing is wrong and it affects you or you think it does?
Recently I had that problem, I made what someone else was doing, a problem I thought I needed to fix or do something about...and had been struggling with it for weeks, with a mix of anger and hurt.
While mowing one day, 'they' reminded me of something I read in a book, about a Master that got blamed for something he did not do. I could not remember what book, what he got blamed for, or what his name was, I just had a flashing remembrance to the story, of which the ending or moral of the story was...eventually the truth came out that he did not do what he was accused of.
A couple mornings after this flashing remembrance, driving home on the Thruway after taking Rick to pick his semi up, I was forced to go slow (49 MPH in a 65), with flashers, slowly getting to Herbst Garage to get ......HELP Brian.:), because the stabilizer shock in the Jeep got tired and said...get a new one, and while every one was whizzing by me and I was concentrating keeping the Jeep under 55 to avoid the shattering shimmy, 'They' made a suggestion.
Their suggestion, with the reasoning, that I'd made a choice to put and fix a problem, I thought was mine...with what I thought valid reasons, on my agenda, that however, was not my problem to fix, that I should do...'their suggestion'.
They then left me to my own free will of decisions, with their suggestions, and explanation..the course of action... or better yet, a course of.. no action...would be better, than me trying to fix it. However, I still pondered...how to fix 'it'.
The next morning...leaving me no doubts or anything to ponder...they finally made no more suggestions, but told me...
"You have made something that is not your business, your business. It is not your business nor your problem, LET IT GO! God/ the Universe/ or what ever WILL take care of it. but YOU...NEED...TO...LET IT GO!"
"OK...I'll let it go. Jeeze!"
In the mix of my wanting to fix 'this problem' and then being told to let it go, my niece Rachel had come to visit and gone to the Medicine Wheel. As I watched her walk back I heard "ask her about the message she has for you".
So I did.
She said, "oh Aunt Kellie, yes I do. But,I am having a hard time deciphering what they are telling me. I'll have to sort through it and get back to you."
The next day without her knowing that I had been reprimanded about what I 'should not ' do..and had finally LET IT GO..
She emailed me the message...
I was to read in Chapter 7, section 7 in Eckhart Tolle's book, a piece called...IS THAT SO? That it would help me with a 'problem'.
But before I read that, I wrote her and told her that I had been reprimanded about making this problem that was not mine, mine:) and had let it go, But that I would still read that section in Eckhart's book...
As I read 'Is That So' at first I thought I was getting chastised again, but then was told "re-read it." I did, and realized this was the story 'they' had referred to a couple days earlier, and in reading it the second time, I figured out what they wanted me to learn...that if someone is doing you wrong...sometimes, particularly in this situation....NO REACTION is better than reacting because eventually the truth will come out. As I said, I've done what I was told and I've let it go, allowing the forces that are, to take care of it. And you know what, sense I've turned it over...and though I think of it sometimes, but know its 'not my problem' ...I feel much better!
I guess this is a lesson about...Ego, and I am suppose to share with whom ever is out there that needs to learn about the Unconscious Ego.
My Ego, which can be quite large, I am Scotch/Irish after all :) that definitely comes from my Dad's side, is something I work hard on, but yet I was shown, mine or any one's Ego, can...unconsciously... slip in disguised as 'fixing a problem' that you feel affects you, thus you put something not yours on your agenda, and it affects everything you do, how you interact with people, and your perspective on other things other than 'the problem', over all affecting your life, needlessly.
I guess, I am suppose to tell you....if right now, you have something in your life that you think you should fix but its a struggle, listen to the voice of, that no reaction some times is better than reaction, don't let your Ego take over. Trust (which may not be easy) that 'the problem' will get taken care of, just maybe not when and how you think it should be...but it will be:)

Kellie

No comments:

Post a Comment