
Build it and they— will —come is what I heard.
Remember ‘Field of Dreams’ with Kevin Costner? Well I guess Herbs & Things is my field of dreams. Now, as Ray Kinsella (Kevin Costner’s character) did, I have built it, I watch and I wait.
I’ve order spices, teapots, herbs and sugars—soy candles, teas, chocolates, cards and so much more. For those in search of, just the right gift, I’ve made Christmas wreaths and swags. Lighted potpourri jars and small ornaments starting at $2.75 for someone that needs a nice gift, for a teacher, co-worker, or someone you want to let know you think of them.
I’ve put together a $5.00 gift of candles and votive holder for someone who can spend a tad more and gift baskets of $20.00 for those who can afford a scooch more than a tad. I’ve arranged them nicely on Herbs & Things shelves.
Build it and they will come is what I heard.
I look out the crosschecked window and watch for another customer. I put more things on the shelves filling Herbs & Things home to the brim. I want to have something for everyone who comes in. I see a car go by. They chose not to stop. That’s to bad. They would be surprised by what’s inside. No matter, they’ll be back, because Build It and They Will Come, is what I heard.
The smell of organic coffee mixes with the natural aroma of soy candles and ‘good for you’ herbs of basil, oregano, parsley, and garlic. The healthy spice-blends put just the right twist of aromatherapy in the room and some day soon, they will spice up some ones life in a good way.
The space heater goes on. It pulsates back and forth, like the heart of Herbs & Things, keeping the aromas alive and the cold air out.
Though it is small, with the music playing and lit candles flickering softly upon cozy walls, I am happy and feel comfort and solitude inside. Even if it wasn’t mine, I would like it. I breathe in, and smile.
Why wouldn’t they come?
2 comments:
Hi Kellie Wow youve been busy I love your site!
I wish I was home so I could see it in person. Youve come a long way since 4-h! :) Love you and talk to you soon! I definatly saw some things I like! I will be in touch!
Hey Kellie! This site is AWESOME! What a fantastic job. I didn't know you were selling organic! I will have to stop by next time I am in the neighborhood visiting the brothers. Take care, and see you soon.
Barbara Clarkson Budnack
Post a Comment