I was especially excited when I received this book as a gift, because those who get my emails and read my blog know about the Medicine Wheel I've been instructed to build (by my sources).
A few weeks ago I decided Willow Trees should go near where the wheel is going to be. I've always love those weeping trees and thought they would fit perfect within the gardens that will eventually be put and constructed on the land across the road (meditative, memory, medicine wheel, 3 sisters, and what ever else comes to mind) where Native Americans once lived and their history speaks to me when ever I walk upon the grasses and soil there.
So, imagine my delight to find explanations of Native American Symbolism for the Willow Tree in this book....you'll see they are going to fit perfectly.Symbolic qualities of trees..
The Willow...Magic, healing, inner vision and dreams
The Pine tree (which I plan on putting a separate garden near the ones that are already there) Balance of pain and emotions, creativity.
The Apple tree (already there too) Magic, youth, beauty and happiness
which brings me to Another idea that came to me while mowing Monday...by....the Pine trees
is I am going to put information signs around the trees and through the field and gardens,
explaining...the signs of nature and symbolism if the trees, birds and the land.
I believe I have a couple....
The horse, hawk, the cougar(I dream of the cougar a lot),
and most recently the bear, fox and eagle,
which came to me last year while over on the land, and working in the gardens.



No comments:
Post a Comment