The Country Pantry and Gift shop has more inside than you can imagine. We love nature,connecting with our Animal totems, hearing natures messages, being shown ways to heal through the 'Medicine' nature offers us daily, our animals, walking a spiritual path, living a simpler life, making homemade bread, canning and dehydrating our garden harvest, and just being outside. Check us out at
http:/www.coldensherbsandthings.com
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Some Pictures
The Bear by my garden June 2009
Before he noticed me taking his picture
Me using up my film
From 2008
>
2 comments:
Anonymous
said...
Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are beautiful -- you could make cards. The kids loved the bear oohhh so cute then asked what would you do if you came across a bear while hiking? Have a great day! and thanks again.
Dear Anonymous; Thank you! Yes he was cute, big but cute. From what I understand, first thing you DON'T do is run. You are better off to spread your arms out wide, and above your shoulders to make yourself look bigger than the bear. Then slowly retreat. I think most bears will not bother you unless you've come across a momma bear with her cubs and she thinks you are a threat. So I guess, good rule of thumb, is always be aware of your surroundings and take notice if anything seems different. However...I am VERY glad I was not over IN my garden when he visited...All that wisdom may have been gone on the winds as I was running for my life and calling the dogs off...smile.
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing your pictures. They are beautiful -- you could make cards. The kids loved the bear oohhh so cute then asked what would you do if you came across a bear while hiking? Have a great day! and thanks again.
Dear Anonymous; Thank you! Yes he was cute, big but cute. From what I understand, first thing you DON'T do is run. You are better off to spread your arms out wide, and above your shoulders to make yourself look bigger than the bear. Then slowly retreat. I think most bears will not bother you unless you've come across a momma bear with her cubs and she thinks you are a threat. So I guess, good rule of thumb, is always be aware of your surroundings and take notice if anything seems different. However...I am VERY glad I was not over IN my garden when he visited...All that wisdom may have been gone on the winds as I was running for my life and calling the dogs off...smile.
Post a Comment