Friday, February 6, 2009

Sign or coincidence


(Photo taken by Amateur astronomer Jack Newton from his backyard observatory in Arizona:)


I receive E-mail newsletters from NASA Science News. I don’t always read them if the headlines don’t catch my eye, but occasionally something will.
A recent newsletter from NASA was one of those.

Green Comet Approaches Earth

Does it peak your interest, like it did mine?

Meet comet Lulin, named after the observatory in Taiwan where the discovery-photo was taken, a solar identity that is coming our way.

With my mind the way it works, integrated with beliefs that most things are not coincidental, I look at a —Green comet approaching earth at a time when our energy resources are dwindling, the earth is changing and many are trying to live less wasteful lives—like an intervention or we are being told something, loud and Green.

Reading the events as Lulin gets closer, I can’t shed the question, is it a sign or coincidental, that this Green comet is approaching earth as our new president speaks of providing more affordable ways for people to go Green, with solar, bio fuels and wind power. Is it a sign that some of us are still in denial that the way we live is affecting the planet we live on.

Yes, as history would have it, earth changes every million, billion years or so. In small ways, according to the universe, it changes every day. It changed before there were so many of us, or there were planes, trains and automobiles. It changed during the ice age, the demise of dinosaurs, and other earthly evolutionary events. However, just as breathing toxic fumes is bad for our human bodies, I have to believe the toxic residue, carbon monoxide and other things we throw at are planet, are not good for Mother Earths health and that we are speeding up her change.

Anyhow, I thought you might like to meet Lulin, the green comet, and judge for your self…and see what you feel…Is it a …sign or coincidence?

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2009/04feb_greencomet.htm?list1068991

Have a great day
Kellie

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Aunt Kellie,

You post the neatest things on your blog, I will be sure to have my telescope outside on the nights the comet is most visible. Thank you for the info!

Rachel

Hi I’m Kellie and this is Marty said...

Let's hope for clear skies.

Post a Comment